Words and Phrase in Indonesian to Show Others You Are Listening and Have an Interest.


A simple learning from English to Indonesian.
A simple learning from English to Indonesian.

Smell the fragrance of flowers at least once a year.


I am writing this with happiness for cultural exchange purpose. Having you read every the articles with English to Indonesian label, you will then know well the primary words or phrases that oftenest used in Indonesia. Have a fantastic day and may all the living beings be happy. Happy reading.


I believe that you are a very passionate person and have always a high curiosity. That's why you travel around the world, aren't you? 😊... And is Indonesia your next itinerary?

Here I want to show you how to respond in Indonesian when you listen to stories from other people or when they speak to you.

1. Really?
"John, when I was a kid, at a bunch of bamboo trees we were there, there was an evil ghost who likes to kidnap youthful women in this village, called Gondoruwo," Rebo told a story to John during coffee time.

"Really? Ohh, I won't go there again," said John, frightened.


* "Hello, John. Please do not go to continue your travel, because all the cities are on lockdown because of covid-19," said Rebo.

"Really? I cannot go anywhere now?" John stood up from his seat while frowning.

From a conversation between John and Rebo above, I believe you know when you need the word, "Really?" in your conversations.

Now how to say it in Indonesian?

The word-reaction to uncertainty when doubt arises.

The word "Really" in Indonesian is "Sungguh."

This is the outlining of the word "Really" in Indonesian.

When you use the word, Really, with the suffix a question mark "?", there are four words that you can use, those are, "Benar?; Benarkah?; Sungguh?; Sungguhkah?" You can choose one of them, and all are correct.

Example:
John: Rebo, next year, I will fly to the moon.
John: Rebo, tahun depan, Aku akan terbang ke bulan.

Rebo: Really?
Rebo: Benarkah?

Additional example.
You: Hi, admin. I really like to read your article conten.
You: Hai, admin. Saya sungguh suka membaca konten artikel anda.

I am as an admin: Really?
I am as an admin: Sungguhkah?

I wish you can use the word, "Really," in Indonesian well.


2. That’s interesting.
This is the best way to say that you agree to go to somewhere offered by your friend in Indonesia.

Rebo: John, I will show you Pasir Putih beach in Probolinggo, tomorrow. 
John: What can we do there.
Rebo: Good question, John. We can take a traditional canoe to the middle of the sea and see the beautiful scenery in the sea through the glass provided on the boat. If you like diving, you can do that, too. Pasir Putih is the largest beach in Probolinggo. You will love it.
John: Woow...! That’s interesting, Rebo. I agree with you, we can go tomorrow.


Now how to say it in Indonesian?

"That's interesting," in Indonesian is, "Itu menarik." You can add adverb "Very = Sangat" to express that you really like it. "That's very interesting," in Indonesian is, "Itu sangat menarik."

Example.
a. That's interesting.
John: Woow...! That’s interesting, Rebo. I agree with you, we can go there tomorrow.
John: Woow...! Itu menarik, Rebo. Saya setuju denganmu, kita bisa pergi kesana besok.

b. That's very interesting.
John: Woow...! That’s very interesting, Rebo. I agree with you, we can go there tomorrow.
John: Woow...! Itu sangat menarik, ReboSaya setuju denganmu, kita bisa pergi kesana besok.

Retrieve directly: 
That's interesting = Itu menarik.
That's very interesting = Itu sangat menarik.


3. Uh-huh.
You can use "Uh-huh" when you interest and agree to other people's idea by nodding your head.


4. Right.
Maybe you use the word, "Right," to respond to people who speak to you.

Rebo: Hi, John. Resiwulan told to me you want to learn to make a jemblem cake.
John: Right! I want to learn for it. How interesting to make an Indonesian cake, Rebo!
Rebo: Yes, You right, John. Jemblem cake is a traditional cake in this village. All right, Resiwulan has ordered me to buy ingredients at the local market. Do you want to come along?
John: Yes, Right! I want to come along with you.
Rebo: So you will know how the local market in our village, John.
John: Right, Rebo.
Rebo: Let's go now!


Now how to say it in Indonesian?

The word, "Right," in Indonesian is, "Benar."

But when talking about sides, left-side and right-side, in Indonesian are sisi kanan dan sisi kiri. 
Left = Kiri; Right = Kanan.

The word. "Right," to show have an interest.

Example.
Rebo: Hi, John. Resiwulan told me you want to learn to make a jemblem cake.
Rebo: Hai, John. Resiwulan berkata kepadaku bahwa anda ingin belajar untuk membuat kue jemblem.

John: Right! I want to learn for it. How interesting to make an Indonesian cake, Rebo!
John: Benar! Saya ingin belajar untuk itu. Begitu menarik untuk membuat kue khas Indonesia, Rebo!

Rebo: Yes, You right, John. Jemblem cake is a traditional cake in this village. All right, Resiwulan has ordered me to buy ingredients at the local market. Do you want to come along?
Rebo: Ya, Anda benar, John. Kue jemblem adalah kue tradisional di desa ini. Baiklah, Resiwulan telah memerintahkan saya untuk membeli bahan-bahan di pasar lokal. Kamu mau ikut?


John: Yes, Right! I want to come along with you.
John: Ya, Benar! Aku ingin ikut denganmu.

Rebo: So, you will know how the local market in our village, John.
Rebo: Jadi, Anda akan tahu bagaimana pasar lokal di desa kami, John.

John: Right, Rebo.
John: Benar, Rebo.

Rebo: Let's go now!
Rebo: Mari kita pergi sekarang!


5. Sure.
John: I have decided, I will stay in Indonesia forever.
Rebo and Resiwulan: Are you sure, John?
John: Sure! I am sure! I have bought a house around here. I would become your neighbor.
Rebo and Resiwulan: Are you sure, John? That's so nice.
John: Sure! I am sure with that! Five months later, I will move here with my wife and children.
Rebo and Resiwulan: Are you sure, John? That's so beautiful.
John: Sure! I am sure! My wife and children are very interested to stay here.

How interesting for saying, "Sure," in English conversation.

Now how to say it in Indonesian?

"Sure," in Indonesian are, "Yakin / Tentu / Pasti."

John: I have decided, I will stay in Indonesia forever.
John: Saya telah memutuskan, Saya akan tinggal di Indonesia selamanya.

Rebo and Resiwulan: Are you sure, John?
Rebo and Resiwulan: Apakah Anda yakin, John?

John: Sure! I am sure! I have bought a house around here. I would become your neighbor.
John: Tentu! Saya yakin! Saya sudah membeli rumah di sekitar sini. Saya akan menjadi tetangga Anda.

Rebo and Resiwulan: Are you sure, John? That's so nice.
Rebo and Resiwulan: Apakah Anda pasti, John? Itu sangat bagus.

John: Sure! I am sure with that! Five months later, I will move here with my wife and children.
John: Pasti! Saya yakin dengan itu! Lima bulan kemudian, Saya akan pindah ke sini bersama istri dan anak-anak saya.

Rebo and Resiwulan: Are you sure, John? That's so beautiful.
Rebo and Resiwulan: Apakah Anda yakin, John? Itu sangat indah.

John: Sure! I am sure! My wife and children are very interested to stay here.
John: Tentu! Saya yakin! Istri dan anak-anak saya sangat tertarik untuk tinggal di sini.

Have a good one!


P.S. To open all the archives of this lesson, click English to Indonesian label at the bottom of this page or click directly here     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trending

Popular Post