The Ways or Phrases for Introductions in Indonesian.


A simple learning from English to Indonesian.
A simple learning from English to Indonesian.

Your presence or attendance makes someone happy.


I am writing this with happiness for cultural exchange purpose. Having you read every the articles with English to Indonesian label, you will then know well the primary words or phrases that oftenest used in Indonesia. Have a fantastic day and may all the living beings be happy. Happy reading.


Hi, dear readers. Have an enjoyable time.

Today I want to introduce you to how to introduce yourself, how to introduce someone else, and how to respond to it in Indonesian. When you travel to Indonesia, these knowledges will be useful when you meet the people in front of you and the communication flourishes.

A. How to introduce yourself.

1. I just wanted to introduce myself.
The best ways to introduce yourself when you are traveling to Indonesia, in my experience, and I have already noticed. When you introduce yourself to an individual you meet, do not forget to tell from where you are come from and first do not forget to say:  Hi = Hai, Hello = Halo.  

Your conversation will run well and flourish. I mean, it will become easier to develop your relationship on the next relationship.

Example: 
John: Hello/Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm John or my name is John. I am from New York, U.S.A.

Rebo: Hello/Hi, I'm Rebo. (In Indonesia, he/she will answer for his/her name only, and he/she will ask you to what he/she wants to ask)

So, when you introduce yourself in the right way, correspond at example above, you have cut the conversation unneeded so you can continue to flourish your conversation.

Now how to say in Indonesian?

Let me outlining it.

I just wanted to introduce myself. 
I = Saya; just = hanya; wanted = ingin; to = untuk; introduce = memperkenalkan; myself = diri saya. 

So, "I just wanted to introduce myself," in Indonesian becomes, "Saya hanya ingin untuk memperkenalkan diri saya." Every Indonesian will understand with your words, but they will feel awkward when hear it.

Then, to say "I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is John," in Indonesian, you can say, "Perkenalkan diri saya, nama saya John." That sounds better.

Example: 
John: Hello/Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm John or my name is John. I am from New York, U.S.A.
Halo/Hai, perkenalkan diri saya. Saya John or nama saya John. Saya dari New York, U.S.A.

Rebo: Hello/Hi, I'm Rebo.
Halo/Hai, Saya Rebo.

Now you know how to introduce yourself in Indonesian.

Let's go to number 2.


2. I don’t think we’ve met before.
I thought, you will use this phrase, too - to introduce yourself - maybe in a certain circumstance in Indonesia. Do not forget to say:  'Hi = Hai, Hello = Halo' to open conversation, but you need not to tell from where you are come from. 

Example: 
John: Hello/Hi, I don’t think we’ve met before. I'm John or my name is John. 

Rebo: Hello/Hi, I'm Rebo or my name is Rebo.

Now how to say in Indonesian?

I don’t think we’ve met before.
I = Saya; don't = tidak; think = berpikir; we've met = kita telah/sudah bertemu; before = sebelumnya.

So, "I don’t think we’ve met before," in Indonesian becomes, "Saya tidak berpikir kita pernah bertemu sebelumnya." It's okay you use this phrase in Indonesian, it's still sound good for Indonesian.

But for native Indonesian, the phrase, "I don’t think we’ve met before," becomes, "Saya kira kita belum pernah bertemu sebelumnya." You can use both of them, but this phrase sound better.

* Saya kira kita belum pernah bertemu sebelumnya, in English becomes: I guess we have never met before or I think we have never met before.

Example:
John: Hello/Hi, I don't think we've met before. I'm John or my name is John.
Halo/Hai, Saya tidak berpikir kita pernah bertemu sebelumnya / Saya kira kita belum pernah bertemu sebelumnya. Saya John or nama saya John.

Rebo: Hello/Hi, I'm Rebo or my name is Rebo.
Halo/Hai, Saya Rebo or nama saya Rebo.


B. How to introduce someone else.

1. This is…
"Hi/Hello, John. This is my wife, Resiwulan. Resiwulan, this is John," Rebo introduced his wife to John.
"Hi/Hello, John, I'm Resiwulan. Nice to meet you," said Resiwulan.
"Hei/Hello, Resiwulan, I'm John. Nice to meet you, too," replied John.

You can use "This is..." in a formal or informal situation to introduce someone else in Indonesia.

Now how to say in Indonesian?

This is = 'This = Ini; is = adalah.' Then - This is = Ini adalah.
Wife = istri. Then - my wife = istriku / istri saya.
Nice to meet you = Senang bertemu/berjumpa denganmu /kamu/anda.

"Hi/Hello, John. This is my wife, Resiwulan. Resiwulan, this is, John," Rebo introduced his wife to John. 
"Hai/Halo, John. Ini adalah istriku, Resiwulan. Resiwulan, ini adalah John," Rebo introduced his wife to John. 

"Hi/Hello, John, I'm Resiwulan. Nice to meet you," said Resiwulan.
"Hai/Halo, John. Saya Resiwulan. Senang bertemu/berjumpa denganmu /kamu/anda," said Resiwulan.

"Hei/Hello, Resiwulan, I'm John. Nice to meet you, too," replied John.
"Hai/ Halo, Resiwulan, Saya John. Senang bertemu/berjumpa denganmu /kamu/anda, juga," replied John.

Now you know how to use "This is..." to introduce someone else in Indonesian.


2. I’d like you to meet…
The term is the same as the lesson B number 1. "This is..." replaced with I’d like you to meet…

I’d like you to meet... = Saya ingin kamu/anda bertemu...

To introduce someone esle, This phrase is rarely used in Indonesia.

3. Have you met... ? 
This phrase is never used, so I am not outlining it.

4. I’d like to introduce you to…
The term is the same as the lesson B number 1.  "This is..." replaced with I’d like to introduce you to…


C. How to respond to it

1. Nice to meet you.
"Hi/Hello, John. Nice to meet you," said Resiwulan.
"Hi/Hello, Resiwulan. Nice to meet you, too," replied John.

Nice to meet you is an International language phrase. In Indonesia itself never use this phrase to respond when someone else introduce him/herself.

Nice to meet you, in Indonesian is, Senang bertemu/berjumpa dengan anda.

"Hi/Hello, John. Nice to meet you," said Resiwulan.
"Hai/Halo, John. Senang bertemu dengan anda," said Resiwulan.

"Hi/Hello, Resiwulan. Nice to meet you, too," replied John.
"Hai/Halo, Resiwulan. Senang bertemu dengan anda, juga," replied John.


Hi/ Hello, dear reader. Nice to meet you here. Thank you very much for visiting my blog. 
Hai/Halo, pembaca yang budiman. Senang berjumpa dengan anda disini. Terima kasih banyak telah mengunjungi blog saya.


2. It’s a pleasure to meet you.
It’s a pleasure to meet you, is the nice way to respond to when you get acquainted with someone else.

It’s a pleasure to meet you, in Indonesian is, Ini adalah sebuah kegembiraan bertemu/berjumpa dengan anda.

John had just arrived at Rebo and Resiwulan's guest house, then Rebo and Resiwulan introduced themselves to John.

"Hi/Hello, I am Rebo, and this is my wife, Resiwulan," said Rebo to John.
"Hai/Halo, Saya Rebo, dan ini adalah istri saya, Resiwulan," said Rebo to John.

"Hi/Hello, Rebo. Hi/Hello, Resiwulan, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I'm John," greeted John to Rebo and Resiwulan.
"Hai/Halo, Rebo. Hai/Halo, Resiwulan, Ini adalah sebuah kegembiraan bertemu dengan anda," greeted John to Rebo and Resiwulan.

"Hi/Hello, John, it’s a pleasure to meet you, too," replied Rebo and Resiwulan.
"Hai/Halo, John, ini adalah sebuah kegembiraan bertemu dengan anda juga," replied Rebo and Resiwulan.

John, Rebo and his wife, Resiwulan, were very happy to have met and introduced each other.


3. Likewise.
I have found the most suitable phrase for the response words "Likewise," it is used as a reciprocal response from "It’s a pleasure to meet you."

Likewise, in Indonesian is, Begitu juga. "Likewise me = Begitu juga saya."

"Hi/Hello, Rebo. Hi/Hello, Resiwulan, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I'm John," greeted John to Rebo and Resiwulan.
"Hai/Halo, Rebo. Hai/Halo, Resiwulan, Ini adalah sebuah kegembiraan bertemu dengan anda," greeted John to Rebo and Resiwulan.

"Hi/Hello. Likewise us, John. It’s a pleasure to meet you," replied Rebo and Resiwulan.
"Hai/Halo. Begitu juga kami/kita, John. Ini adalah sebuah kegembiraan bertemu dengan anda," greeted John to Rebo and Resiwulan.


Done! These are the ways or phrases for introductions in Indonesian that you can use anywhere in Indonesia. Have a wonderful day.


P.S. To open all the archives of this lesson, click English to Indonesian label at the bottom of this page or click directly here     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trending

Popular Post