Five Phrases for Apologizing and Five Ways to Respond to an Apology In Indonesian.



A simple learning from English to Indonesian.
A simple learning from English to Indonesian.


Without persistence, all is nothing.

I am writing this with happiness for cultural exchange purpose. Having you read every the articles with English to Indonesian label, you will then know well the primary words or phrases that oftenest used in Indonesia. Have a fantastic day and may all the living beings be happy. Happy reading.


  1. Oops! I'm sorry. I just made you miss your train.
  2. Oops, sorry. I don't see it.
  3. It’s my fault. I will take it back for you.
  4. I should have called you last night.
  5. I apologize for it.
Five phrases for apologizing above are the primary phrases I found that oftenest used in Indonesia.

Let me outline the primary words and phrases for apologizing in Indonesian.
  1. Sorry = Maaf. I am sorry = Saya minta maaf.
  2. Oops, sorry = Aduh, maaf.
  3. Fault = Kesalahan or Salah. It’s my fault = Ini kesalahanku or Ini salahku.
  4. Should = Seharusnya. I should have called you last night = Saya seharusnya meneleponmu tadi malam/semalam or Seharusnya aku meneleponmu tadi malam/semalam.
  5. Apologize = Mohon maaf. I apologize for it = Saya mohon maaf untuk itu.
Now you know, the five primary phrases oftenest used for apologizing in Indonesian. Now, how to respond to it? 

The five ways to respond to an apology.
  1. That’s OK. 
  2. It happens.
  3. No problem.
  4. Don’t worry about it.
  5. I forgive you.

  1. That’s oK = Tidak apa-apa. Example: Rebo: I am sorry = Maafkan saya or Saya minta maaf. John answer: That’s oK = Tidak apa-apa.
  2. It happens = Itu terjadi. Example: Rebo: I am sorry, John. I always cheat on you = Saya minta maaf, John. Saya selalu menipu kamu. John answer: It happens = Itu terjadi.
  3. No problem = Tidak masalah. Example: Rebo: Oops, sorry. It's my fault = Aduh maaf. Ini kesalahanku or Ini salahku. John answer: No problem = Tidak masalah.
  4. Don’t worry about it = Jangan khawatir tentang itu. Example: Rebo: I am sorry, John. I should have called you last night = Maafkan aku, John. Aku seharusnya menelponmu tadi malam/semalam. John answer: Don’t worry about it = Jangan khawatir tentang itu.
  5. I forgive you = Aku memaafkanmu. Example: Rebo: I apologize for everything, John = Saya minta maaf untuk semuanya, John. John answer: I forgive you = Aku memaafkanmu.


P.S. To open all the archives of this lesson, click English to Indonesian label at the bottom of this page or click directly here      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trending

Popular Post